Thursday, March 8, 2018

Hello Fellow Readers

Hello,

I feel the need to introduce myself. My name is Lacey and I made this blog to maybe help others and myself with a disease that has taken over my life. It's called Granulomatous Mastitis. And no before you ask I was not pregnant or breastfeeding and never have. Most people think those things when they hear the word Mastitis. But no I've never even thought of having children. I'm 27 years old but this whole disease started when I was 26. The doctors are telling me it's idiopathic; meaning there's no direct cause of what's causing it. They just don't know what is causing me this disease. It's strictly only found in the breasts. And for me it's mainly focused on my right one. It's very painful and causes abscesses. The abscesses have no infection in them. It is caused by inflammation in the breast. The abscesses feel like lumps and can be mistaken as cancer. After the abscesses from the disease is left untreated for me it caused redness and pain. My first abscess actually opened up on it's own. Scaring me to death of course that led me to the er where they poked and prodded me and gave me no answer to it's cause. I didn't get my diagnoses until last November. And the pain started in May 2017. So it took them 6 months to finally get the diagnoses. And that was after they did several surgeries and biopsies. Anyways that's a little about what I've experienced and I hope to hear from you guys with similar symptoms or perhaps the same diagnosis. Because no one should have to go through this alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Fellow Readers

Hello, I feel the need to introduce myself. My name is Lacey and I made this blog to maybe help others and myself with a disease that has...